Monday, November 2, 2009

Ashilene’s First Halloween

IMG_1388 Ever since I fell in love with the darling “Love Bug” outfit Ashilene received from her Uncle Jay and Auntie Terri and the adorable ladybug hair bow that Shaleah made for her, I’ve wanted to dress Ashilene up as a ladybug for Halloween.  I must say, I think she makes the most adorable ladybug ever!

The Cutest Ladybug in the Whole World Every year that I’ve gone to our Ward Halloween Party, I’ve looked forward to the day that I would finally have a little one to dress up for Halloween, so I have to admit I was a bit disappointed when our ward opted to have a Ward Campout instead of a Halloween Party this year.  I would’ve loved to see my Primary kids all dressed up.  Oh well, we still managed to have a wonderful Halloween.:)

I got a fantastically easy Halloween treat recipe online to make Chocolate Spiders.  All I had to do was melt a bag of chocolate chips in the microwave – stir in chow mein noodles – drop onto waxed paper with a couple forks and then I used red hots for eyes.  I was pretty pleased with how they turned out.

IMG_2400

We made Halloween cards and delivered them with plates of Chocolate Spiders to the sisters I visit teach . . .

IMG_2401 

. . . and to our neighbors, Bill and Madeline,

Bill, Rojohn, Ashilene & Madeline

Kay and

Kay, Merilee & Ashilene

Lucille!

Lucille, Rojohn & Ashilene

We also made sure to go out and visit lots of family, including Grandpa Darryl and Grandma Lynda,

Grandpa Darryl & Grandma Lynda kiss Ashilene

Great Grandma Purie,

Ashilene stares at Great Grandma Purie

Uncle Teejay,

Ashilene & Uncle Teejay

Uncle Rigo and Auntie Riesel,

Uncle Rigo, Ashilene & Auntie Riesel

and, of course, Cousin Kaylana!

The Cutest Ladybug & Peapod

These two were SO cute together, but by the end of the night they were definitely tired and ready to get out of those costumes!

Ashilene & Kaylana

We hope you all had a spooktacular Halloween!

3 comments:

Moses Family said...

I love that last picture. I think that is how I felt by the end of the day. Ashilene looked so cute as ladybug:)

Katie and Joel said...

That is a cute ladybug you've got there!

GayLynn said...

That last picture is great. Their expressions say it all! Ashilene is the cutest lady bug I've ever seen.