Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Catch Up

11-20-09 Thumb Suckin' in the Boppy

We’re leaving for a trip to San Diego on Friday, so before I get even more behind, I want to catch up on some of the things we’ve been up to the past couple weeks.  Ashilene has been so good to go along wherever we take her and usually stays in a good mood.  Of course, she’s often quite tuckered out by the time we get home.;)

On Thursday November 12th, I was able to get together with some of my friends from middle/high school.  There was a group of us that were all the oldest daughters in our families.  It’s been fun staying in touch all these years, especially now that many of us have daughters.  Amber and Felicia both have two girls.  Audrey already has a daughter and we just found out that she’s expecting another little girl in March.  So, if I follow in the footsteps of these friends, Ashilene is due for a little sister.;)  (No, this is not an announcement that I am pregnant.)  Here’s a picture of me with Ashilene, Audrey, Felicia and Melinda at our get together on the 12th.

Ashilene, Merilee, Audrey, Felice & Melinda

On Saturday November 14th, Ashilene and I went to Felecia’s baby shower.  I am SO happy for Felecia!  I know she’s wanted to be a mother for a long time.  I think it’s fantastic that she’s expecting a little baby daughter in February.  Felecia is going to be a fabulous Mommy!  Here are some pictures of Ashilene with our friends, Felecia, Becky, Catherine, Sue and Sheila.

Felecia Pryzbyla & Ashilene Becky Foulk & Ashilene

Catherine, Ashilene, Sister Sappington & Sheila

That night we gathered with family and friends to watch the Manny Pacquiao fight.  It was fun to watch the pride of the Philippines win again!

Introducing Manny Pacquiao

Ashilene had fun spending some time with her cousin, Kaylana.

Riesel, Kaylana, Ashilene & Lola

Poor Lolo didn’t quite have the magic touch with Ashilene or Kaylana that night.

Lolo scares Ashilene Lolo scares Kaylana 

Ashilene loved playing with our friends, Mike and Nannette, and was fascinated with their hair.

Ashilene loves Mike's hair

Ashilene loves Nannette's hair  Of course, by the end of the fight, Ashilene was completely tuckered out and fell asleep comfortably on Lola’s lap.

Ashilene falls asleep on Lola's lap The Sabbath is rarely a day of rest for Ashilene or her family.  For example, on Sunday November 15th, Daddy’s day began with Bishopric Meeting at 6am.  Mommy and Ashilene joined Daddy at 7am for Ward Council.  After 3 hours of church, Mommy went home to feed Ashilene and make lunch while Daddy took care of more bishopric responsibilities.  Following Ward Roster Review from 3-5pm, we all went home for dinner and brief power naps before heading over to the Interstake Center for Gloria rehearsal from 7-9pm.  This is what Ashilene looked like when we got home.

11-15-09 Sabbath Day Wipe Out

I forgot to bring my camera when we saw my cousin, Kevin, perform with his Jazz Group at Yoshi’s on Monday November 16th, but I did remember to bring it to his Eagle Scout Court of Honor on Saturday November 21st. 

Kevin pins Eagle pin on Aunt Kim 

Rojohn, Kevin, Merilee & Ashilene

Here is Ashilene with Kevin’s brother, Chris.

Chris Miller & Ashilene Rieta

After an enjoyable evening at Kevin’s Eagle Court of Honor, we got together with Denise and Graham so they could practice the special musical number they were going to do with Rojohn for sacrament meeting the next morning.

Rojohn Rieta, Graham Olsen & Denise Asper prepare special musical number

By the end of the day, Ashilene was definitely ready to go home.

Is this day ever going to be over!

I thought it was adorable when she fell asleep still holding onto her car seat.

Ashilene falls asleep holding on to car seat

I also forgot to bring my camera to the fun potluck lunch Ashilene and I went to on Tuesday November 17th and when we got together with Sue Ellen, my awesome director for The Sound of Music on Thursday November 19th.  I’m so grateful for my wonderful family and friends and the many opportunities we have to get together.:)

No comments: