Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

Grandpa & Grandma love Ashilene I absolutely love this picture of my parents when they came to see Ashilene in the hospital on the day she was born.  I’ve always loved my mother, but since becoming a mother myself, my love, respect, admiration and appreciation for my mom has increased even more.  Since I was my mom’s first child, I often feel a special bond and closeness to my mother as I contemplate her feeling the same feelings about me that I am currently experiencing every day with Ashilene as she discovers and learns new things.  As my heart has expanded with unconditional love for my precious daughter, it has helped me better understand and appreciate my mom’s love for me.

I am thankful for many things this Thanksgiving (my membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, my amazing husband, Rojohn, my priceless daughter, Ashilene, my loving and supportive family and friends, food, clothing, shelter, transportation, employment, etc.), but most of all Mom, I’m thankful for you!

No comments: