Monday, November 16, 2009

Our Six Month Old

I seriously cannot believe my baby has already been alive a half a year!!!!  Just like everyone told me, the time flies by way too fast, but I’m doing my best to enjoy every precious second I have with my beautiful daughter.My new favorite toy!

This has been a fun month of discovery for Ashilene.  She loves  exploring everything she can possibly get her hands and mouth on.  She loves feeling new textures and hearing new sounds. 

IMG_2335

 

 

 

She’s been fascinated by the sounds she can make with various paper bags.

IMG_2331

 

  Her grasp keeps getting stronger and more coordinated.  She can hold her own rattle now and she loves trying to pull apart her toy rings.IMG_2455

IMG_2445Daddy has to be careful because Ashilene loves to reach out  for his mouth and glasses.IMG_2450

Ashilene loves her Daddy SO much!  He continues to be her favorite pillow.

 

They have so much fun playing together!IMG_2391

IMG_2446

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ashilene has discovered the joy of reading and can’t get enough of her fun animal sounds book.

IMG_2526

IMG_2527

She’s also discovered the pain of teething.

IMG_2535

IMG_2537

11-08-09 Side Sleeper 

She discovered that she prefers sleeping on her side.

 

11-07-09 Ducky Tub

She also discovered that she has completely outgrown her newborn tub and is now having fun with her Ducky Tub!

 

She discovered that with her new rolling abilities, she is no longer confined to one place.  She’ll roll out of her Activity Gym  and

IMG_2521

then realize that she wants a toy over on her blanket.IMG_2522

 

 

 

So she’ll start rolling and/or maneuvering herself until she finally gets over to where she wants to be for the moment.

IMG_2523

 IMG_2524

 

 

 

 

I think she’ll be crawling before long  too . . .

 IMG_2496

In addition to becoming more mobile, she’s become much more vocal.  She loves making all kinds of sounds with her voice and tongue.  Of course, my very favorite sound that she’s discovered is her wonderful laugh . . .

We just love our six month old!

IMG_2530

8 comments:

Julie and Matt said...

She is such a doll! I can't wait to meet her in person. (Oh and I love your dancing, Merilee.) What a sweet little girl you have.

Becca said...

Too cute! Emmy LOVES watching videos of Ashilene, so keep them coming! Emmy says, "I love Ashilene."

Merilee said...

I am SO excited for Ashilene to meet Emmy at the reunion. I think that Emmy, Annabelle and Ashilene can totally bond the way Michelle, Ruth and I did at family reunions.:)

Stacy Pettersen said...

Wow, she is really changing. I LOVE that laugh, and you look just like me getting Annabelle to laugh (only the older they get, the more creative you have to be to get them to laugh... a simple dance won't cut it anymore). And oh yes, Family Reunion will be so much fun!

Is she an ambidextrous thumb-sucker? Annabelle will only suck her right thumb.

Christina said...

I actually laughed out loud when the camera turned and I saw you dancing. Isn't it fun being able to make your kids laugh?

Katie and Joel said...

She is so cute! That video was so cute seeing her laugh.

Merilee said...

I have to admit, I laugh out loud seeing myself dance in that video too! Ashilene is an ambidextrous thumb sucker, although I would say she favors her right thumb more often than not.;)

Christi Ellis said...

Ahhh! Merilee you should just post yourself dancing so that we all can laugh like Ashilene. Loved it all though! You are the perfect mommy. :)