Wednesday, February 23, 2011

This is what happens . . .

DSC00663

when your 21 month old daughter tries to help with the laundry

DSC00664

and manages to slip a green crayon into the load with all of Daddy’s white shirts!!!!!!

DSC00665

My first impulse when I opened the dryer and discovered this CATASTROPHE was to SCREAM and then I just wanted to CRY.:(  Thank goodness I have this blog to help me attempt to find the humor in it all.  Rojohn looked up trying to get dried crayon out of clothes online and so now his white shirts are soaking in hot water with a mixture of detergent, OxiClean, bleach and vinegar.  I’m afraid his white shirts will never be the same again, but maybe we’ll have a miracle . . .

8 comments:

Nana said...

I so feel your pain. Only it was usually an ink pen in my dryer. I, too, wanted to scream and cry. But I got out the hair spray and clean rags and did what I could on the clothes and on the inside of the dryer. Best of luck to you.

Stacy Pettersen said...

Oh wow! I do that all the time; when you just want to scream/cry, just say to yourself "Well, it will make a good blog post!"

And I'm sure the ink pen my mom mentioned was NEVER my fault! =)

Julie and Matt said...

I've dried a crayon before. Luckily it was in a load of kids clothes so they just have to wear what they destroyed:) It is awful to open the dryer to melted crayon. I hope it comes out.

Christina said...

It really isn't funny when it happens, but I have to say, looking back at my blog from when it first started and especially all the "drama" when I had two kids.... it's pretty funny! You too will look back one day and laugh, I promise!

'Cembers Thoughts said...

ou did the best thing, got the camera
I had a moment today, I got the camera instead of crying or screaming. It will be so fun to show them how 'fun' they were at times.

Moses Family said...

Been there before but it wasn't with white shirts. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. The joys of children:)

GayLynn said...

Oh Ashilini, why did it have to be a load of whites?! We'd all love to hear if the soaking and bleaching works!

Merilee said...

The soaking and bleaching probably would've been sufficient for old play clothes, but didn't manage to remove the green enough to be satisfactory for white work/church shirts.:(