So, I was getting ready to finally post about Thanksgiving 2010, when I remembered that I never did get around to posting about Thanksgiving 2009, so I’m going to try and do a brief recap of both years . . .
Unfortunately I neglected to take any pictures on Thanksgiving Day 2009, but I know we celebrated my mom’s birthday (November 26th) at Uncle Michael and Aunt Kim’s house.
The next day we drove down to Southern California to spend Thanksgiving break with family in San Diego. All of Rojohn’s family got together at his sister, Jubie, and her husband, James Sneddon’s home in Carlsbad. We enjoyed delicious food and thoroughly enjoyed just spending time together. It is a trip looking back at these pictures and seeing how much we’ve grown (especially the little ones) the past year!
I love this picture of Ashilene with her Lola.
We got some great family shots on the beach.
Here’s a fun shot of Uncle James with his son, Makeo.
Here’s a great shot of Cousin Kainoa.
I love this shot of Rojohn and Ashilene.
We got to stay at the Welk Resort, while we were down there, and Ashilene had her first experience with a swimming pool.
We also got to spend some time with my Granny Joyce, Aunt Tricia, and my Great Aunt Lynnea and Great Uncle Rulon.
The adults had a lot of fun playing 65 together, but our card playing put Ashilene to sleep.;)
Aunt Tricia’s wonderfully talented sons, Nick and Chris, were even able to take some time out of their busy schedules to see us.
Ashilene was fascinated with Aunt Tricia’s dog, Tiger.
We had a fabulous Thanksgiving break 2009 down in San Diego. I am so glad we were able to go and so grateful to all our wonderful family members who made our trip so thoroughly enjoyable. This video clip brings a smile to my face. Around the time of our trip, Daddy discovered that saying “Ding Dong” to Ashilene would totally make her laugh. Cousin Makeo picked up on this and had the best time making Ashilene laugh by saying “Ding Dong” to her repeatedly. Of course, by the time I got the camera out, she no longer found it funny, but this clip still reminds me of sweet Makeo trying to make her laugh. She’s got such great cousins!:)
We didn’t go on any big trips for Thanksgiving 2010, but we did have another wonderful feast at Uncle Michael and Aunt Kim’s house on Thanksgiving Day. Ashilene especially loved playing outside with the balls after the feast. (I can’t believe how much she grew in one year!!!!!)
Rojohn and his brother, Teejay, braved the crowds at 5:00 in the morning on Black Friday to pick up our Christmas present to each other – a SuperSac by LoveSac – at 50% off! Woohoo!!!!
Ashilene had a blast helping him fluff it up!
To celebrate my Mom’s birthday on Friday November 26, 2010, the endowed members of our family (that were in available) were able to do an endowment session at the Oakland Temple for some family names. It was really special and after that I was able to meet up with the Rietas to celebrate Thanksgiving. In addition to wonderful food and conversation, we played a fun game of Gospel Memory Basketball, prepared by Teejay’s girlfriend, Vanessa.
Thanksgiving 2009 and 2010 were both wonderfully memorable and enjoyable. I have SO much to be grateful for – the gospel, my membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, the sacrifices made by so many so that I can live in a free country and worship as I see fit, incredible family and friends, food, clothing, shelter, employment, transportation, opportunities for growth and development, etc. I am truly blessed and tremendously grateful for my numerous blessings. Thank you to each of you who bless my life in more ways than you realize.
1 comment:
Sounds like you had great Thanksgiving Days the last two years! Ashilene looks very cute in those pictures.
Post a Comment