Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Our 17-18 Month Old Continued

11-30-10 Ashilene & Daddy at her 18 month appt with Dr Balestreri

Today at Ashilene’s 18 month checkup, we learned that she is now 34 1/2” tall (99%) and 25 lbs 14 oz (75%).  It’s amazing to me how tall she is because I was consistently at the bottom of the growth charts when I was growing up.  I got to share some of Ashilene’s pain today as I received my flu shot moments before she had to endure her 3 vaccinations.  Not fun.:(  In spite of a lot of teething pain, with her canine teeth coming in, and temper tantrum moments, she continues to be our happy, healthy baby and we love her with all our hearts.  Here are some more highlights from the past couple months . . .

Ashilene is very blessed to live close to so many in her extended family.  On September 18, 2010, we got to celebrate Lolo’s birthday and the miracle of him being cancer-free at Fresh Pizza.

Rigo, Kaylana & Riesel Canizalez, Jun, Rubie, Merilee, Ashilene, Rojohn & Teejay Rieta (Rigo, Kaylana & Riesel Canizalez, Jun, Rubie, Merilee, Ashilene, Rojohn and Teejay Rieta)

Ashilene & Great Grandma Ardie  On September 20, 2010 we got to have a lovely lunch and visit with Great Grandma Ardie at Baywood Court.  Ashilene had so much fun walking through the “screen curtains” separating the living room and outside patio area.  She was also fascinated by Great Grandma Ardie’s wind chimes.Ashilene loves G&G's wind chimes

 

 

On September 21, 2010, Ashilene had fun helping Grandpa Darryl wash Mommy’s car.Grandpa helps Ashilene wash Mommy's car

 

 

We are absolutely thrilled that the Sneddons will be moving to the Bay Area soon.  Ashilene loves spending time with her cousins!  The look on Ashilene’s face cracks me up in this picture of her with her cousin, Ysella Sneddon, on September 26, 2010.

IMG_5301 

We always love when my sister, GayLynn, and her son, Jonah, come down to visit.  Here is a little clip of Jonah and Ashilene playing together at the park on October 25, 2010.

I am still super bummed that we haven’t located the camera with all our Halloween pics, but at least I do have this video clip of Ashilene and her cousin, Kaylana, at the Castro Valley 1st Ward’s Halloween Party on October 23, 2010.  Ashilene dressed up in the Raiders cheerleader outfit that Lolo and Lola gave her and Kaylana dressed up as an adorable little monkey.  Ashilene had so much fun sorting the prizes in the prize bowls and playing with the balls in the ball pit.

There is more I would like to write about the past couple months of Ashilene’s development, but she’s waking up from her nap now, so I better go ahead and post what I’ve got.  Let me just leave you with this clip of her hilariously cute “Gogigogigogigogi” language.

3 comments:

Stacy Pettersen said...

And before you know it that will actually be a full sentence and you'll think 'What in the world happened to my baby?!'

Very cute post!

GayLynn said...

I wish I had sound on my computer to go with the videos! She is so lucky to live close to so many cousins and family. We can't wait to hang out Friday!

katielyn said...

She is getting so big!