Our church has a special Nursery class for children 18 months – 3 years old. Ashilene turned 18 months on Tuesday, so she was officially able to attend Nursery in our ward today. She’s been pretty clingy lately, so I was a bit worried about how she’d react to me leaving her in Nursery, but she went straight to the cool kitchen play set and started playing with the dishes soon after we entered. She kept looking at me to make sure I was still there and ran over to me when it looked like I was going to leave, but then my friend, Tiffany (who was substituting in Nursery today), was able to get Ashilene distracted long enough for me to slip out. Tiffany let me leave my camera with her, so that she could capture some fun shots from Ashilene’s first official day in Nursery. Tiffany’s son, Hayden, was able to help her feel welcome.
She learned how to share crayons.
She had fun looking at a picture book about Jonah.
I was thrilled to have a happy baby to pick up after Nursery.
Hopefully the transition will go equally smooth in the coming weeks . . .
2 comments:
What a clever idea of leaving your camera behind for someone else to take photos with! You have an adorable child:)
Oh my goodness. I cannot believe all of these children are in nursery. That is so crazy. I guess we have been here in Utah for over a year. Wow I now how 15 more months until my youngest can attend. The crazy part for me is Izzy goes into Primary in January.
Post a Comment