Thursday, October 22, 2009

Dr Appt, Cousin Jonah & Jenny Jump Up

IMG_2306

Today at her 5 month doctor appointment, Ashilene was in shock to learn that her weight is still off the charts (19 lb 7 oz)!!!!!  She is now 27 inches tall (97%) and her head circumference is still 17 inches (90%).  She almost weighs as much as her 1 yr old cousin, Annabelle, and she already weighs more than her 8 month old cousin, Jonah!  It was super fun to have GayLynn and Jonah in town this past weekend.  At first Ashilene was too shy to make eye contact with her very intrigued cousin, Jonah.

Ashilene & Jonah

But eventually she couldn’t help but look at this new cousin who was trying to get into the car seat with her!

Who Are You

When we finally let her out of her car seat, Ashilene was very proud to show Jonah that she can sit up all by herself.

I can sit up too!

Ashilene was very impressed by Jonah’s crawling skills, but Mommy is hoping that Ashilene doesn’t pick up on that new skill from her cousin too quickly!

I'm a happy girl! 

We put Ashilene in her Jenny Jump Up for the first time today!

IMG_2316

You can see a little bit of the bandaid on her leg, where she received her polio vaccination today.  I just have to comment on this because Ashilene did not cry or even whimper when she received this shot.  I was AMAZED!  That nurse must’ve been really dang good or else my baby just rocks!;)

IMG_2312

3 comments:

Julie and Matt said...

She is growing so fast! She weighs more than Henry too. He was 17 1/2 lbs at his 9 month check up. She is such a darling happy baby. You are truly blessed.

Stacy Pettersen said...

I wish we could put her up to Annabelle... I bet they'd look pretty close! Annabelle is very sad that she could not have played with her cousins and shown them some of her walking moves. =)

FeLog said...

I can't believe she is sitting up already!!!