Yesterday we took Ashilene to our ward’s Balloon Mania Activity. Our Activities Chairwoman, Gretchen, came dressed up as a clown and made balloon creations (like the balloon hats Rojohn and Ashilene are wearing) for those who wanted them. Gretchen is holding her son, Hank, in this picture. Hank is 3 months older than Ashilene. It will be fun to see them in Nursery together some day.:)
There were lots of balloon activities for people to do. You could paint with balloons, make a stress reliever (by filling a balloon with flour), get a prize for popping a balloon by sitting on it (harder than it looks) or participate in the balloon stomping activity (pictured below).
Everyone was offered yummy ice cream cones. I love this picture of Daddy and Ashilene. It is obvious that she is going to share Mommy’s love of ice cream. Also, since Daddy’s hair isn’t long enough for her to grab on to, Ashilene has to grab the next best thing – Daddy’s ear.;)
One of the members of our ward has a grandson that is just 3 months older than Ashilene, but he doesn’t get to see him very often, since his daughter lives with her husband and baby son out in Colorado. Brother Crane has to get his “grandpa fix” with all the cute babies close by in our ward. Ashilene was so comfortable with “Grandpa Del” that she fell asleep sucking her thumb, while he was holding her. Too cute.:)
When we got home from the Ward Activity, Rojohn and Ashilene were pretty tuckered out. This is how I found them --
Today at church, I finally captured some pictures of Ashilene with my 1st counselor, Tiffany’s, son, Hayden. Ashilene is only 2 weeks older than Hayden and with both of their Mommy’s serving together in the Primary Presidency, they get to see a lot of each other each Sunday. Aren’t they adorable?!:)
Today was our Primary Sacrament Meeting Presentation. Our ward has sacrament meeting last. After sacrament meeting, the Primary children, teachers and leaders were able to go into the Cultural Hall for a special lunch put together by the Relief Society in appreciation for all they did to put on the Primary Program. The rest of the ward members were also invited to partake of light refreshments and to write notes of appreciation to the Primary children. After lunch, we took the Primary children over to an Assisted Living Facility, where one of our ward members lives, and they sang the songs from the Primary Program for the residents at the Facility. Everything came together really nicely. I’m SO grateful to everyone that contributed to making this such a special day.
2 comments:
Merilee, I have GOT to show you the picture we have of Annabelle holding onto Jonathan's ear... I cracked up when I saw that Ashilene does this too!
You need to enter that sleeping picture into a daddy/daughter look-alike contest because they would TOTALLY win!!!
Merilee, I'm the Activities Chairwoman in our ward, and I'm filing that balloon activity away into my mind for our next activity. We just finished our annual Chili Cook Off/Fall Fest with horse rides (by a frisky horse who apparently hadn't been ridden in years. Ooops.) I'm looking for a good Christmas party idea. I may steal this one. My dad is also famous for feeding my babes naughty things like root beer or lemons to suck on when they're quite tiny. Ice cream is really just sweeter breastmilk. I also adore ice cream. It's how I fall asleep at night. :)
Post a Comment