Needless to say, it was wonderful finally getting to see Wicked with Rojohn. I have been sick for quite a while now, but I certainly wasn't going to let that stop me from going. Fortunately at my doctor's appointment on Thursday, I was able to get a prescription for Robitussin with Codeine, which has definitely helped lessen the tremendously awful coughing attacks I've been struggling with for over a week now. I only took a half dose before going to the show -- enough to keep my cough attacks under control, but not enough to make me too sleepy to stay awake for the performance.
Rojohn and I both loved the performance! I was pleased that none of the performers disappointed me. The last time I saw Wicked, I wasn't terribly impressed with those playing Madame Morrible or Fiyero, but this time I enjoyed everyone's performance -- even the stand in for Elphaba. It was really cool to see Patty Duke portraying Madame Morrible. I thought she did a great job!
I absolutely love the music from Wicked. There were times during the show when I would get chills or actually have tears come to my eyes, the music was just so powerful! Ashilene especially loved the second act. I think she slept during most of the first act, but boy was she active during the second act! I just love feeling her move around and get into awesome music!
One thing that has been especially hard for me while being sick is losing my singing voice. I caught a cold towards the beginning of March which eventually turned into allergies and has now progressed into this terrible cough. Since March, my speaking voice has been getting lower and lower and at times is nonexistent. I have lost all my high singing notes and when I do try singing (like hymns in Church), I have to sing things an octave lower! It's crazy! We had my Wicked CD playing in the car and it killed me to not be able to sing along, except for the especially low note at the end of "I'm Not That Girl", which I can actually hit now! My friend, Heather, who has an awesome voice, tells me that she had a similar experience when she was pregnant, and that after her baby was born, she was eventually able to get her high notes back, but she also found a wonderful low range that she'd never had before getting pregnant. I sure hope that happens to me too!
3 comments:
you look so cute pregnant. When is that baby due. Do you guys know what you are having?
Our little girl is due on May 21st.:)
I'm glad you had such a wonderful time! I got to see it while I was in San Fran over Spring Break and loved it too. I already have tickets to take Jason this summer when it's in Phoenix.
Post a Comment