It's hard to believe that our due date is less than 2 months away! At my OBGYN appointment last week, I found out that my doctor is going to be on vacation the week leading up to my due date (May 21st)! Also, the pediatrician that I would like for Ashilene is on maternity leave right up to my due date, so I've decided that Ashilene cannot come early. I don't know if I want her to come as late as I did (I was born 16 days past my due date! My poor mother!), but it would be nice to actually have my OBGYN and Ashilene's pediatrician in commission when she makes her grand entrance into this world. We shall see . . . I know I have no real control over when she comes.;)
On Thursday night, Rojohn and I went on the Birth Center Tour at Alta Bates, where we plan to have Ashilene. Everything still seems a little surreal to me. The reality of actually having to go through labor hasn't entirely sunk in yet . . . perhaps after my Child Birth Class . . .
On Saturday, Rojohn and I attended a Baby Care Class. Wow! We still have a lot to do to get ready!!!! Sometimes it's a little overwhelming to think of all the many things you need to do as a parent and the HUGE responsibility you have to protect, provide, nurture and raise them in truth and righteousness. I know that I will have to depend A LOT on the Lord to help guide and direct me as I seek to raise this precious little one that He will be sending to our home soon.
7 comments:
I love Motherhood Maternity. Yes, I had the same problem finding pants to fit short 'ol me. Sad thing, some of the pants I had with my first pregnancy don't fit me in my thighs (not hips, my thighs had to get bigger?). I had to buy new pants for this pregnancy :( So far it's the only downfall so I can't really complain. Well that and this time around I had morning sickness much worse than the first time, considering I didn't really have it the first time.
Good luck! You're only a few weeks ahead of me and it's so exciting to read about how things are going for you guys.
You are so cute pregnant! I'm glad that everything is going well for you and your pregnancy. I understand the Doctor being out of town thing. My doctor was gone over Henry's due date. Henry was born just minutes before his vacations time ended. His partner delivered Henry and I actually liked her better than my doctor. I felt like she handled things better and she seemed to trust that I could do a natural birth.
Motherhood Maternity definitely has the best clothes... wish they were cheaper!
You look great Merilee!!! What is all this talk about looking fat and carrying your weight all over?!?! That picture looks quite flattering to me.
Lookin' good, sister! Love your cute belly!
You are such a cute pregnant Mommy! I'm so excited for you guys! Being a mom is absolutely marvelous! You guys will be wonderful parents, and remember that it comes one day at a time. (Sometimes very LONG days at a time...)
You are looking so cute! Congrats on the baby girl, you'll have so much fun! I am going in to be induced in about 2 1/2 weeks and feel very far from prepared. Luckily they don't take up to much room. You'll be a fabulous mother, you shouldn't have anything to worry about!
I just wanted to say-I love this picture!! You just look so proud. You are going to be an amazing mother.
Post a Comment