Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Happy Anniversary My Love


Exactly three years ago, Rojohn Selfaison Rieta made me the happiest girl in the whole wide world by marrying me in the Oakland Temple. I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding day. Everything exceeded all my expectations. The Spirit was SO strong in the sealing room as we were sealed for time and all eternity. Knowing that I have the opportunity (if I live worthy) to be with Rojohn and our families forever is one of my very greatest blessings.


Apparently it was quite blustery outside the temple, but once we stepped outside, the sun broke through the clouds.


Even though the sun was shining, it was quite windy outside, so I was VERY grateful to have my amazing sister-in-law, Stacy, there to keep my dress from blowing out of control in all the pictures.;)


This is one of my very favorite wedding pictures because I think it beautifully captures how much joy and happiness Rojohn and I experienced that day and that we continue to experience just being together today.:)


After taking pictures at the temple, we headed over to the Highland Chapel in Hayward for a yummy, informal luncheon, while everyone pitched in to help with the last minute preparations to get everything ready for the Ring Ceremony and Reception.



These were my wonderful hometeachers in the Highland Ward, Tim and Steve. They served as the Ushers for our Ring Ceremony. My fabulous visiting teaching companion from the Highland Ward, Jennifer, helped out at the Guest Book Table. My good friends, Tiffany and Joanne helped out at the Gift Table.


I really loved our Ring Ceremony. It was held in the Highland Chapel and officiated by our wonderful bishop, Bishop Lasher. I appreciated the opportunity we had to bear our testimonies to all our friends and family members in attendance. My favorite part was when Rojohn started singing, "I have a family here on earth. They are so good to me. I want to share my life with them through all eternity." Then I joined him for, "Families can be together forever, through Heavenly Father's plan. I always want to be with my own family and the Lord has shown me how I can. The Lord has shown me how I can." Our siblings stood up to join us for, "While I am in my early years, I'll prepare most carefully" Then their spouses stood up and joined us for, "So I can marry in God's temple for eternity." Last, but not least, our parents stood and joined us all for the final chorus. I will always cherish my memories of singing that beautiful song with our families.

After our Ring Ceremony, we enjoyed greeting and taking pictures with our guests as they filed from the chapel into the Cultural Hall, where we had yummy food waiting for them. We definitely had a miracle akin to the loaves and fishes because we were expecting around 300 people and ended up having about 400 show up! Yet miraculously there was still some food left over at the end. Although, I don't think everyone had a chance to taste the lechon. It was picked over mighty good, pretty fast.:)



Well, there was a lot more I was going to post, but I need to get to a doctor's appointment, so perhaps I will have to save the rest of my Reception Memories to blog about next year. I do want to say that, just like my wedding day, the last 3 years have totally exceeded my expectations. I love being married to Rojohn SO much! We have so much fun laughing, serving, visiting, relaxing and just being together. I couldn't have asked for a more amazing husband. He has been especially wonderful and patient with me the past year or so as I've been experiencing the highs and lows and moodiness that often accompany infertility treatments and pregnancy. I can hardly wait to see what this next year brings as we begin the adventures of parenthood together. I love you with all my heart, Sweetheart.

5 comments:

zrd222 said...

I love reading your posts, I miss you Merilee!! Congratulations on 3 wonderfule years! Love and miss you -- Zennie

Stacy Pettersen said...

Your reception was one of the most touching receptions I've ever been to. The amount of love that soooooo many people showed for you was very sweet. Congratulations you two, we love you!

Riesel said...

happy anniversary! did you get my texts yesterday? eh, you lovebirds were probably busy celebrating. can't believe it's been 3 years! time flies when you're having fun! =)

Katie and Joel said...

Happy anniversary! I like that picture of you two smiling and laughing, it is a great picture!

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

i have to admit--i stole the picture of our famliy from you. thanks for sharing! i love your wedding pictures. i enjoyed remembering that special time. i loved how strong the spirit was during your ceremony in the chapel. it was a beautiful day!