We enjoyed two scrumptious feasts this Thanksgiving. Ashilene helped make the green bean casseroles that we brought to both feasts.
This is the only picture I managed to take at our feast at the Canizalez’ home in Castro Valley, but it was delicious! I especially enjoyed Uncle James’ homemade stuffing and Auntie Vanessa’s yummy cheesy mashed potatoes.:)
My parents celebrated Thanksgiving with my brother’s family in Iowa this year, but we had a fantastic time celebrating with everyone that was able to join together at the Miller’s home in Pleasanton. Uncle Michael and Aunt Kim are always incredible hosts. They are so patient with all our children. Our kids love playing with the toys that Uncle Chris and Uncle Kevin played with when they were still little boys.;)
I love how my generation still gets to sit at the “Kids Table”. It’s such a trip to see my siblings, cousins and I all with little kids of our own now. (Chris, Griffin, Christi, Jaylee, Amanda, Katie, Emmalin, Shawn, Jesse, Landon, Ashilene & Rojohn)
At the “Adult Table” this year we had Uncle Michael, Aunt Kim, Auntie Anita, Grandma Ardie & Grandpa Ken.
This year’s feast was incredibly delicious, as always. I especially loved Auntie Christi’s candied yams. Ashilene especially enjoyed a concoction she made with Aunt Kim’s famous rolls and strawberry freezer jam and then filled with mashed potatoes. Landon is not quite sure what to think about her new creation.;)
My sisters’ daughters, Brooke and Jaylee, are about six months apart.
I’m so excited that GayLynn and I will have sons that are just a couple months apart.:)
My cousin, Shawn’s, daughter, Emmalin, shares my birthday.:)
My cousin, Jesse’s, family is so cute!:)
Ashilene is always fascinated with Aunt Kim’s antique sewing machine.
It was another fantastic Thanksgiving! I am grateful for SO many things, but especially for amazing family and friends!
2 comments:
So fun! These gatherings are the hardest part about living so far away. We seriously need to plan a Pettersen family reunion... maybe October Conference???
I know we totally miss not having you guys close. A Pettersen Family Reunion would be sooooo wonderful!! Maybe every year between the Farnsworth Family Reunions we could have a pettersen reunion in utah at Mom and Dad's place or something? Or here in Cali too. And Thank you Merilee for posting all the pics you took. I love how in the younger table you even captured "Family" from Aunt Kim's wall. So cool.
Post a Comment