Monday, June 4, 2012

May Birthdays

Grandpa Darryl & Ashilene

This is a picture of my dad holding Ashilene on the day she was born.  I can’t believe that was over 3 years ago now!  May is a big birthday month in our family.  My birthday is May 4th.  Ashilene’s birthday is May 16th.  My dad’s birthday is May 22nd and my Grandma Ardie’s birthday is May 26th.  I neglected to take any pictures documenting my birthday this year, but Ashilene and I were able to have a lovely lunch with my Grandma Ardie and Rojohn and I were able to go to the temple together that evening.  The Sunday after my birthday, my mom had a special birthday dinner for me with my birthday tradition – artichokes.  She also made Chicken Delight, Rolls, Veggie Salad and Angel Food Cake with Strawberries and Whipped Cream.  Yummy!

DSC03919

I’ve already documented how we celebrated right on Ashilene’s birthday this year, but the Sunday after we returned from Disneyland, my mom hosted a special birthday dinner with chicken, salad, asparagus and rolls in honor of Ashilene (I made her chocolate pudding cake) . . .

my dad (my mom made her famous lemon meringue pie) . . .

DSC03921

. . . and my Grandma Ardie (my mom made a delicious pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting).

DSC03923

 

 

 

 

 

We sang “Happy Birthday” three times, so they each had the opportunity to be the focus and make a wish.  Ashilene loved all the attention!

DSC03917

DSC03918

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lolo, Lola & Hane were even able to be there.

DSC03925

DSC03907

Ashilene loved the beautiful dress they gave her and the Princess Sticker books she received from Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Michael.  She had fun playing the Dr Seuss Memory Matching Game with Hane and has had me read the Fanny & Annabelle book she also received from Grandma & Grandpa numerous times.

DSC03911

 

 

 

DSC03913

 

 

 

DSC03916

 

 

May is a great month to be born!DSC03914DSC03912

1 comment:

Katie and Joel said...

Happy Birthday again to you and Ashilene! I think May is an awesome month too!