Unfortunately my GPS, bluetooth, prescription driving glasses and the CD cases with all my EFY and other favorite CDs were stolen from my car last night.
Fortunately Rojohn was the one to discover the theft this morning. I think I would've had a heart attack if I discovered the dastardly deed without any warning when I left for work this morning. My heart sank when I received the call from Rojohn informing me of what he discovered when he went down to the parking garage to leave for work shortly before I was about to leave. I am SO grateful that he waited to be there with me to report the theft to the police. He was also able to drop Ashilene and I off at work so we could leave my car for the police to dust for fingerprints. It makes me very sad that some people have so little respect for the property of others. It is no fun to find all the contents from your glove compartment strewn all over your passenger seat, but it would've been much worse to find a window smashed out or slashed tires. A car jacking also would've been considerably worse. I'm NOT happy about all the items that were stolen, but at least my car and especially my family are all safe.
Unfortunately Rojohn and I had to go to Night Court for the first time last night. It seems that California is ticket happy these days. Rojohn got a ticket for going 5 miles over the speed limit!!!!! I wasn't there when he received the ticket, but since the car is registered in my name, I received a ticket for no registration. I had sent in my registration payment before the plates expired, but the DMV took their sweet time sending me the updated stickers.
Fortunately I was able to prove to the judge that my payment had been received by the DMV before my plates expired and she dismissed my case. Rojohn was also able to get his fine reduced.
Unfortunately the mother board on my laptop completely died a little over a week ago. It would cost almost as much, if not more to try and repair it than to just get a new laptop.
Fortunately I had almost everything backed up and Rojohn was able to find a great deal on a new to me laptop on craigslist today.
Unfortunately I've been pretty moody and unpleasant to be around lately.
Fortunately I have an incredibly loving, patient and understanding husband. Rojohn, I love and appreciate you more than words can tell.
4 comments:
Aww that's such a bummer. But I'm glad that you guys are safe and that you are able to see the brighter side of things! It makes the good things that much better when we can experience and acknowledge our misfortunes and blessings. We love you tons and hope to see you guys soon! Let us know if you need anything.
Hang in there. Our store was broken into once and we had to deal with cleaning up fingerprinting dust. It is greasy and doesn't like to clean up. I hope your car cleans up better than ours. Use a good degreaser. I can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!
Very glad no one was hurt. I hear bad things on the news lately! Very good for you to have such a great husband!
get this - we walked to church a few weeks ago, with Natalie in her infant car seat which was clicked into the Snap n Go. We folded it up, and left it in a coat rack inside the building. After sacrament meeting, it was gone, and never reappeared. Since people are constantly walking through the parking lot from Bart (Walnut Bldg)... we concluded somebody must have been curious, come in, and just taken it - however, why would someone take a stroller that doesn't even have a seat in it? We were shocked, and terribly sad at our loss - especially the fact that someone would come into a church and steal something!!! I guess they needed it more than we did.
Post a Comment