Saturday, June 12, 2010

Ashilene’s First Easter

I realize that Easter was almost 2 months ago, but better late than never right?  Much of Easter weekend was spent watching General Conference online.  General Conference happens the first weekend in April and the first weekend in October every year.  It is when the leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints speak via satellite, television and internet to its worldwide membership and to anyone else who is interested.  I look forward to General Conference every April and October.  I was so inspired this year by the many talks on the importance of teaching gospel principles to our children, especially while they are still young.

IMG_3613Ashilene made it somewhat difficult for Rojohn to take notes because she kept stealing his pen.

IMG_3633

Mommy had fun watching Ashilene explore the contents of her Easter basket.

IMG_3628

IMG_3631

IMG_3632

After watching General Conference on Easter Sunday, we got together with the Rietas for an Easter egg hunt.

Rigo, Riesel, Kaylana, Merilee, Ashilene & Rojohn

It was super rainy that Sunday, so we had to have it indoors.

IMG_3682

I love this picture of Kaylana exploring her Easter eggs with Ashilene chomping down on hers in the background.

IMG_3693

Afterwards we went to my parents’ house to show off Ashilene’s adorable new Easter dress and jacket.  She had a ton of fun playing with the musical toy at their house.

Ashilene loves the musical toy at Grandma & Grandpa's house

It was a lovely first Easter!

Little Miss Piggy

No comments: