Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Grandparents

I feel very blessed to have grown up so close to my grandparents on my mom's side. I loved seeing them at family gatherings and having them close enough to come support me at my various performances. I also remember super fun "Grandparent's Days" with them where they'd take us grandchildren to cool places like the circus or kite flying. I also had the privilege of living close to my Great Grandma Elsie, while she was still alive. I loved visiting her at her house, which looked like a pink castle to me. It was especially fun when she'd let me come spend the night. I got to try on all her jewelry and play with her fun little kitchen set. She'd always take me for a ride on the bus into town. She'd let me pull the ringer before our stop. Then she'd take me out to lunch and to the "Dime Store" to pick out a present. One time I got a pink hula hoop. I love my grandparents so very much!
I am SO happy that Ashilene gets to live close to both sets of her grandparents and great grandparents right now. They all just dote on her and we are extremely grateful for the babysitting they've provided for us on occasion. It's especially fun to watch all the funny faces her Grandpas make to try and get her to smile. Too adorable! Her Grandmas are so kind and gentle with her. Ashilene is a very lucky girl. I'm so excited for Ashilene to make many wonderful memories with her grandparents like I have with my grandparents.:)

2 comments:

Christina said...

Aren't grandparents the best?!

Hey, can you do me a favor? I read Jonathan and Stacy's blog but it went private and I don't have her email to request permission to read it. Can you see if she can send me an email to jc_bess@hotmail.com? Thanks.

GayLynn said...

I second every word in your post! We are so fortunate to live by family. Hopefully someday we'll be even closer.