Today Rojohn was sustained as the 2nd counselor in our ward's bishopric. It was neat because we filled up an entire row with my parents, Rojohn's parents, brother, sister and brother-in-law. We feel so blessed to live so close to so many of our family members. We are so grateful for all their love and support.
I have been so inspired watching Rojohn magnify his calling as Young Men's president in our ward and I know that admiration will only grow as I watch him magnify this new calling. When I was growing up, I used to always pray that someday Heavenly Father would help me find and marry a righteous, worthy priesthood holder. Heavenly Father has completely answered that prayer for me through Rojohn. I love him SO much! It was neat to hear in his setting apart blessing that our marriage and growing family will be strenghthened through his service in this new calling. I think the biggest sacrifice for me will be not being able to sit next to him during sacrament meeting. I love sitting next to him, especially listening to his glorious voice singing the hymns, but I know that I am certainly not the only "bishopric widow" in this world.;) I should've known that this calling was in my husband's future since almost all of my freshman year roommates have served as Primary President(my current calling) and now almost all of us are married to a member of a bishopric!
Today during Primary we had all the teachers teach their classes during the 1st hour and then we got substitutes to lead Singing Time and to sit with the children during the 2nd hour, so we could have a special Primary Teacher/Staff Appreciation/Development Meeting during the 2nd hour. Last week, we had all the teachers teach their classes during the 1st hour and then we let them go to Sunday School during the 2nd hour, while we in the Primary Presidency taught the children the song "Teacher, Do You Love Me?" and we had them all make little notes for their teachers. This week during the 2nd hour, we set up chairs, in a separate room from the Primary room, in a circle and brought goodies for the teachers to munch on. Then we brought in the Primary children and had them surround the circle to sing "Teacher, Do You Love Me?" to their teachers. The Spirit was so strong. All the teachers had tears in their eyes and I couldn't stop the tears from flowing down my cheeks. There is something so precious about listening to Primary children sing and they were so excited to sing for their teachers. After they sang we took the children back to the Primary Room for Singing Time with the substitutes. Meanwhile we went around the circle with all the Primary teachers and staff and had them share a positive memory they had from serving in Primary this past year and/or something they do that helps them magnify their calling. It is always so uplifting to hear each other's positive experiences in Primary. After a closing prayer, we gave each of the teachers the notes from their class members in a Christmas card with a gift card to Seagull Book from the Primary Presidency. I was so pleased with how well everything went. I just love serving in Primary.
2 comments:
Wow, what a calling! I guess Rojohn is probably the youngest High Priest in the ward now. We are sure he will do a great job, and we send our condolences to you Merilee! ;)
What a fabulous new calling! He seems definitely right for it. Your calling too seems amazing. I enjoyed getting to read about how you definitely magnify your calling. I'm a Primary teacher and it's so much fun being in there.
Post a Comment