Monday, September 2, 2013

Fairyland

IMG_1321

I love Fairyland!  I used to love going to Fairyland as a kid and it’s been such a joy to see Ashilene find joy at Fairyland too.  When my parents were out here visiting last month, they took my sisters and I and our children to Fairyland.  We all had a fantastic time!

My sister, Christi, and I carpooled over with our daughters.  Ashilene and Jaylee could hardly wait to get there!

IMG_1246

IMG_1247

We arrived before my parents, so while we waited for their carload to arrive, we took a little walk.  Ashilene had fun pushing Jaylee in the stroller for a while, but quickly got bored.  Jaylee was fascinated with all the birds and squirrels she saw and kept pointing at all of them.

When we finally got inside Fairyland, Ashilene raced to the 3 Little Pigs brick house, followed close behind by GayLynn’s kids, Jonah and Brooke.

IMG_1251One of my favorite parts of this trip to Fairyland was watching the absolute wonder that little Jaylee and Brooke found in the simple things during their very first trip to Fairyland.  They were particularly fascinated with the animals and had a blast walking up and down the ramps for the Pinnochio and Alice and Wonderland exhibits.

IMG_1253

IMG_1256 

I have fond memories of the Wizard of Oz cutouts and the little church from when I visited Fairyland as a kid . . .

IMG_1260

IMG_1263 IMG_1262

When Grandma took Ashilene and her cousin, Annabelle, here a couple years ago, it was so adorable to see them both fold their arms when they entered the little chapel.  This year, Jonah and Ashilene wanted to go to the front of the chapel to give talks.;)

IMG_1265

All the kids had fun on the little Carousels.

IMG_1269

IMG_1267 IMG_1272IMG_1293

Another popular exhibit was Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’ Cottage

IMG_1276

IMG_1277

IMG_1278

Ashilene and Jonah had lots of fun on Captain Hook’s Pirate Ship.

IMG_1279

IMG_1280 IMG_1282

Ashilene and Jonah also thoroughly enjoyed the Jolly Trolley and Anansi’s Ferris Wheel.

IMG_1283

IMG_1299

Ashilene braved the big Dragon Slide, while Brooke had a snack on Grandpa’s shoulders.

IMG_1297

IMG_1298

Ashilene kept looking for Rapunzel and finally found her with Jonah.  Brooke was the first to tucker out.

IMG_1301

IMG_1304

Ashilene had fun with Jonah on the new Jack & Jill’s Hill Sliding Exhibit until she went tumbling down the hill on her bum!:(

IMG_1309

IMG_1312

Jonah and Ashilene loved hearing Auntie GayLynn read the Nursery Rhymes to them on Humpty Dumpty’s Wall and even broke out into a little game of “Ring Around the Rosies”.:)

IMG_1314

Jonah gives Ashilene loves under Mother Goose.

IMG_1316

Thanks Mom & Dad for providing this wonderful opportunity for me to share my love of Fairyland with my precious daughter!:)

IMG_1319

2 comments:

Stacy Pettersen said...

That is such a cool place, we will have to go again sometime!

Christi Ellis said...

Oh my gosh Merilee this post is perfect! I wish I could have it for my post! Thanks so much for such a cute synopsis of the incredibly wonderful day. Love you guys!