Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Recycling Party

Sylvie Kunz, Mariana Padilla, Kate Weaver, Isabella Padilla, Rebecca Galan, Hank & Gretchen Lewis

So, remember that awesome sister in my ward (Gretchen Lewis – in the green shirt above) that I mentioned in my post – “Pirate Party”?  Well, she has just been called as Primary President in our ward and I get to serve in her presidency as Secretary!  I am SO excited to have the opportunity to serve in Primary again (it’s been 2 1/2 years since I was released as Primary President).  I already think the world of the other members of the presidency – Gretchen, Luz Canizalez and Gina Barker, so I am absolutely thrilled to have the opportunity to serve with them more closely in the Primary Presidency.  I’ve never had the opportunity to serve as Secretary in an auxiliary before, so I’m really looking forward to magnifying this new calling.  I love all the opportunities that new callings provide for growth and development and love for those you are called to serve.

Isabelle, Patrick, Jasmine & Rebecca Galan create while Ashilene watches Mariana help Isabella make a robot

Ashilene with her recycling creationOn June 19th, we had another playgroup gathering at Gretchen’s house.  This time we all brought items that we would normally just put out for recycling (newspapers, magazines, cans, egg cartons, water bottles, milk cartons, etc.) and let the children use them to create their own artwork.  Of course, Ashilene’s most favorite thing is Hank’s playhouse!

Ashilene loves Hank's playhouse

2 comments:

Stacy Pettersen said...

Oh, I'm jealous! Secretary is a calling I would love to have... in any auxiliary! We still haven't been given any callings in our new ward, but we have an appointment with the Bishop on Sunday, so it's probably coming. We'll see.

Kaylene Myers said...

You'll do such a great job, Merilee! And what a wonderful presidency! Those primary children are so lucky :)