Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Ghost of Christmas Past . . .

DSC00311

. . . won’t let me forget that I STILL haven’t blogged about Christmas 2010 yet!  Now that Christmas 2011 is upon us, I can’t procrastinate this any more!  The 2010 Christmas season was filled with lots of visiting with family and friends.  The picture to the left is Ashilene and I with  Cousin Kaylana and Auntie Riesel at Lolo & Lola’s house on Christmas Day.

Ashilene was excited to wake up on Christmas morning and discover that Santa had brought her a brand new table and chairs with some neat art supplies and bath toys!

DSC00237

After Ashilene had a chance to try out some of her gifts from Santa, we headed over to the Pettersen home for our traditional Christmas brunch and gift giving.

DSC00251

DSC00273

I was in charge of making the Pettersen Family Calendar that my siblings and I compile for our parents and grandparents for Christmas each year.  A highlight for me is always watching their reactions as they view all the calendar pictures for the first time.

DSC00257

After enjoying time with the Pettersen side of the family, we went to Lolo & Lola’s house to have fun with the Rieta side of the family.

DSC00308

Ashilene had fun giving L & L the photo book I made for them.

DSC00321

We enjoyed many opportunities to have fun with family and friends throughout the Christmas season including:

Rojohn & Teejay

Celebrating Uncle Teejay’s birthday at Outback.  Kaylana and Ashilene were entertained by Uncle James and all the sugar packets.

Uncle James tries to win over Ashilene

 

 

 

Being in charge of our Relief Society Christmas Dinner and Service Auction.

DSC00161

DSC00165Enjoying the Hayward 1st Ward Christmas Party with Lolo, Lola and Kaylana.

DSC00171

 

 

 

 

Having tons of fun with Jonah while playing with Uncle Chris and Uncle Kevin’s old toys and being completely fascinated by Auntie Christi’s camera at the Miller Family Christmas Dinner.

Chris & Kevin watch Ashilene & Jonah enjoy their old train set

Jonah wants to go down through the tunnel

DSC00197

Having loads of fun and lots of silliness at the Pettersen Family Christmas Dinner.

Christi & GayLynn making rolls

Merilee & her BLT Salad

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bang Winners

DSC00232

 

 

 

 

 

Crazy Bunny Faces!!!

Bunny Faces

I am SO grateful to have such wonderful families to enjoy the Christmas season with.  One of my very favorite things about Christmas is the numerous opportunities it provides to get together with family to carry on traditions and create memories.

1 comment:

Christina said...

LOVE the funny faces!