While making all the preparations for our Pettersen Reunion in Portland to be followed immediately by our Farnsworth Reunion in northern Washington, I completely forgot that Rojohn’s Uncle Jim and Auntie Kim and their awesome family live very near Portland! Thank goodness Rojohn’s mom called us while we were in Portland to let us know that Grandma Purie was actually staying with Uncle Jim and Auntie Kimber at that time, so we should make sure we stop by to visit her. I am SO glad that Uncle Jim and Auntie Kimber were available on VERY short notice for us to be able to stop by and visit Grandma Purie and their wonderful family.
I have fond memories of staying with the Selfaisons shortly after Rojohn and I were married, when we went up to see Rojohn’s former roommate, Matt Ellis, get sealed to his sweetheart in the Portland Temple. I remember being so comfortable in their home. They were so hospitable and welcoming. I also remember thinking that their children were SO beautiful and being excited that our children might also turn out really beautiful, since Rojohn and I would also have a similar Filipino/Caucasian mix.;)
It was wonderful getting to introduce Ashilene to Uncle Jim
Auntie Kimber
Jessica and her boyfriend, Hayden
Ryan
Kaitlyn
We were delighted when Jenny & Kassidy left their basketball camp early so that they could come see us!
We just love the Selfaison family!
No comments:
Post a Comment