On Saturday June 19th, we arrived just in time for supper at the house my parents rented in Portland, Oregon for our Pettersen Family Reunion. Some of the highlights from this delightful weekend reunion included . . .
Learning that I’m going to have another niece or nephew in February! It was pretty cool that Jonathan and Stacy got to announce their pregnancy to us in person. I did feel bad for poor Stacy, though, because she was awfully sick with “morning sickness” that lasted pretty much all day for her every day.:(
A really special Family Home Evening discussion on two talks from our most recent General Conference – President Dieter F. Uchtdorf’s talk “Continue in Patience” and Elder Quentin L. Cook’s talk “We Follow Jesus Christ”. I didn’t take any pictures during our Family Home Evening, but I just love this picture of my dad fast asleep with Ashilene sleeping on his chest and you can see the conference edition of the Ensign behind them.:)
Celebrating Rojohn’s birthday right on Father’s Day.
Ashilene gave Daddy a cool card for his birthday that played the Rocky theme when he opened it. Daddy goes through a lot of white shirts, since that’s what he wears to work and church. Ashilene’s favorite thing to do when Daddy gets home is to steal the pen from his shirt pocket, so Ashilene got Daddy a new white shirt and some pens for his birthday this year.:)
All the girls made a special breakfast for the wonderful fathers and future fathers in our lives. (They’re going to kill me for putting this picture in, but I just love it. It cracks me up!!!!!)
We really do have some special fathers in our lives. I didn’t get a good picture of Grandpa Ken at our Pettersen Reunion, but I love this picture of him with my Grandma at our Farnsworth Reunion.
Ashilene simply adores her Grandpa Darryl.
Ashilene couldn’t ask for a better Daddy.
Annabelle couldn’t ask for a more devoted Daddy.
Jonah couldn’t ask for a more compassionate Daddy.
Griffin is going to be an amazing Daddy someday too!
Jonathan, Stacy and Annabelle taught us the coolest song. It is called “Sleepy Bunny”. In this picture Annabelle is demonstrating what you do while Mommy and Daddy sing:
Sleepy sleepy bunnies sleeping in ‘til noon.
Shall we awake them with this merry tune?
They’re so still. Are they ill?
Sadly, I neglected to get a picture of Annabelle demonstrating what you do while Mommy and Daddy sing:
Wake up sleepy bunnies and hop hop hop!
Wake up sleepy bunnies and hop hop hop
Wake up sleepy bunnies and hop hop hop and Stop!
That is the most fun part because the kids wake up and start bouncing as high as they can and they all get the biggest smiles on their faces. We’ve had fun continuing to sing that song with Ashilene since we’ve returned home.
I think my favorite part of our big reunion trip was watching Ashilene interact with her many cousins, aunties, uncles and grandparents. It warms my heart so much to see her forming bonds with our eternal family.
Ashilene loved Grandma Lynda’s necklace.
She was constantly trying to steal Grandpa Darryl’s cell phone.
My dad had a game where the grandkids would go between his legs and he’d shake them like an earthquake. Usually they had a lot of fun and would squeal with delight, but Jonah did NOT have fun this particular time. I think he was sad to be the farthest away from grandpa.:(
Jonah has the best SAD face EVER, although this picture really doesn’t do it justice. When Jonah is HAPPY, his entire face absolutely BEAMS, but when he is SAD, his whole face completely CRUMPLES.
You can kind of see his HAPPY face in this picture. Inexplicably, the kids had the BEST time putting the block box over their heads. Who knew a block box could be so entertaining?
Annabelle was NOT HAPPY when Ashilene tried to see who was under the block box, but Great Grandma Ardie sure enjoyed watching the proceedings. Annabelle can give the BEST GLARES.
Ashilene really loved spending time with her Auntie GayLynn
And gave her the BEST HUGS!!!!!!
I am SO grateful to my parents for making all the arrangements and for the sacrifices made by everyone so that we could ALL be together for our Pettersen Reunion. I treasure all the time we were able to spend together. (By the way, if someone can email me a copy of the group photo we took, I would love to include it in this post. Thanks!)
2 comments:
Oh I love it! Please please send me some of those pictures. Since our camera was lost, we don't have any from the Portland portion of the trip!
Me too!! We had no camera the entire trip so we'd love pics too! Your posts are so great. Keep it up!
Post a Comment