Thursday, May 27, 2010

Happy Belated Birthday to Me!

IMG_3828

On May 4th this year, I turned 34.  I want to document it because it was one of my best birthdays ever!  Rojohn woke me up that morning with breakfast in bed and a lovely bouquet of flowers.  My favorite flower is the sunflower and my favorite color is purple.  This bouquet was perfect because it had one pretty sunflower surrounded by lots of beautiful purple flowers (including my second favorite flower – star-gazer lilies).  The lilies were just barely starting to open up and it was cool because Rojohn told me they should be in full bloom by Mother’s Day.  He was right.  The bouquet was absolutely gorgeous on Mother’s Day!

RojIMG_3834ohn took the day off work to watch Ashilene, so I could go clothes shopping for myself for the first time since she was born!  I also took the opportunity to get my hair cut by my friend, Michelle Lovrin, at the new salon she works at in Montclair – Phoenix Rising.  I was happy to donate 10 inches of my hair to Locks of Love again.  I really enjoy growing out my hair and then donating it for a good cause.  I love how healthy and light my hair feels now.

It truly was a fantastic birthday!  I absolutely love being a stay-at-home Mom, but I definitely appreciated the precious FREE time that Rojohn provided me with for my birthday this year!  A special thank you also goes out to my Mom for the delicious birthday dinner.  Thank you to everyone for the calls, cards, emails, texts, etc.  I am truly blessed to have such amazing family and friends.  You all make me feel like a million bucks!:)

3 comments:

Court said...

Ooh...your short hair is cute! I don't think I've ever seen it that length. Happy Birthday

Moses Family said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! You deserved a great one. You are an amazing person. Miss you!

Katie and Joel said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like you had a great day!