Sunday, January 3, 2010

Ashilene’s First Christmas

Lucille, Merilee & Ashilene

We began Ashilene’s 1st Christmas by taking her over to our neighbor, Lucille’s, condo to open some cute toy phones and to sing some Christmas carols.  It was a wonderful start to a fabulous day!

Next we went to my parents’ home for our traditional Pettersen  family brunch before opening lots of lovely Christmas gifts.  I was SO happy that my parents are carrying on the tradition that my grandparents did with us grandchildren.  Every year until we turned 18 (?), they would give us a new Christmas tree ornament, so by the time we graPersonalized ornament from Grandpa Darryl & Grandma Lyndaduated we had a lovely collection of ornaments for our own Christmas trees.  This year my parents gave each of their grandchildren a special ornament that has a picture of the three of them (Ashilene, Annabelle and Jonah) on it with their names and the date.  It is priceless.

Willowtree Statuette from Grandpa Ken & Grandma Ardie I loved the Willowtree statuette that my grandparents gave Rojohn and I and Ashilene loved the Curious George doll they gave her.

IMG_3020

 

IMG_3056

 

 

 

 

 

 

Every year my mom makes a calendar filled with pictures of us kids to give to her parents for Christmas.  This year for Christmas, I made the calendar (mostly filled with fun pictures of the grandkids) and gave one copy to my parents and one copy to my grandparents.  I was really pleased with how it turned out.  I was even able to put little pictures on birthdays, anniversarys and holidays.  They all loved it and it was one of my very favorite gifts to give this year.:)

IMG_3018

IMG_3015

It was an absolute delight to watch Ashilene and Jonah have fun with the wrapping paper and bows and then playing with each other’s toys.  Children always make Christmas more fun!

Later that afternoon we went back to Rojohn’s parents’ home.  Lola and Lola had a great time watching Ashilene play with her new toys.

Lola & Lolo play with Ashilene & her new toys 

It was an absolutely lovely Christmas!

No comments: