Friday, June 26, 2009

The Sound of Music

Many of you know that Ashilene's middle name "Maria" was originally chosen because of the incredible experiences I had portraying Maria von Trapp in The Sound of Music. I was so impressed with the amazing woman that Maria was as I studied her autobiography as I prepared to portray her. Maria always put God first and desired to do His will. She was extremely devoted to her family. She was hard-working with a positive attitude and loved music. It is my sincere desire that Ashilene will aspire to develop those incredible attributes as well. Today I was singing some of the music from The Sound of Music to Ashilene and when I started singing "The Sound of Music", she got a huge smile on her face that absolutely melted my heart.

2 comments:

Stacy Pettersen said...

That is a PRECIOUS smile!

Sally said...

Holy COW she's good at smiling! And you're quick to catch them, too. I know I'm behind on this one, but where did her first name come from? Is it after someone?
By the way, happy six weeks! Ours comes up on Tuesday. My fastest recovery was after my natural delivery. Here's hoping you're feeling well. :)