My brother, Jonathan, and his wife, Stacy, welcomed their first baby into this world on October 4, 2008. Their daughter is my precious niece, Annabelle, who has many photos included in this blog. My sister, GayLynn, and her husband, Ryan, are looking forward to welcoming their first child in late February/early March of this year. Ultrasounds have confirmed that they will be having a little boy and we can't wait to meet him soon! My parents are delighted to become grandparents 3 times over within a 7 1/2 month timespan. With Annabelle and Baby Boy Ribeira, my dad likes to say that Rojohn and my baby will be the tiebreaker. Well, we can finally announce the results of that tiebreaker and I'm happy to say that they are the same results that were reached on our online poll.
Yesterday, Rojohn and I were able to go in for our big ultrasound. It was so exciting to see our precious little one on the screen. I have to admit, there were many times that I really wasn't quite sure exactly what I was looking at, but I could make out the spine really well. It was cool when the tech zeroed in on the foot because at that point the "wand" was directly over the spot where I often feel the most kicking.
We told the tech ahead of time that we would like to know the gender, but when she suddenly announced that we'd be having a girl, it almost took my breath away. It was so surreal to finally have the question answered that we'd been wondering for so long. I asked the tech what the percentage would be that we'd actually have a girl and she said "100%". I guess it doesn't get more positive than that!
I've been dreaming of becoming a mother for SO long that it's hard to believe that my little girl will be here in just about 4 months!!!!! I can hardly wait to hold her and sing to her and dress her up in darling purple outfits and constantly remind her how much Mommy loves her.
Friday, January 16, 2009
Tiebreaker!
I can't adequately describe my utter joy and excitement in words at this time. All I can say is that I am SO grateful to Heavenly Father for blessing me with the miracle of being pregnant. My favorite part of pregnancy began a couple weeks ago -- feeling fetal movement. I first started recognizing it as feeling like a bubble quickly rising and then popping against my belly. It was the coolest feeling and made me so happy! Then on Monday night, we were over at Rojohn's parents' home for Family Home Evening. About halfway through the lesson, the baby started being more active than I'd ever felt her before. She was kicking so much that I could actually see my belly bouncing! It was fun letting Rojohn and his mom feel some of her kicks. Rojohn's mom said that the baby must really want to participate in FHE. I hope she keeps feeling that way throughout her life.:)
I'm putting up a picture of our ultrasound, although I don't know how well you'll actually be able to see anything on the blog. The picture in the upper lefthand corner is a close up of her face. The picture in the upper right hand corner is her profile. The lower lefthand corner is a more closeup view of her profile and the lower righthand corner gives the peek between her legs that makes the tech 100% sure that we are having a girl! I know these pictures really don't do her justice and I anxiously await the day when I will finally meet her in person!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Yay for you guys! How exciting!! I must say that I think having a little girl is so much FUN! Playing with dolls, doing hair, dressing up...it's just a blast. Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy.
Love your post! I'm excited for you both to welcome your new baby girl. I'm a little bias because I already have one but yes, girls so lots of fun to dress up. Shyla is finally letting me do different fun things with her hair and I'm having a great time.
When is your due date? You must be just a little ahead of me with your pregnancy b/c we go in on Tuesday to find out what we're having. My due date is June 17th (but I have a feeling the baby will come early).
Congratulations! You will be such an awesome mother:) Everyone should have a little girl. I'm so happy for you.
We cannot wait to meet Miss Ashilene (did I spell it right?), I am so happy that it's a girl!
P.S. I am so proud of how good of a blogger you've become! =)
Congrats Merilee! i'm in tears! it sure has been a long journey for you but like i always like to say "good things come to those who wait!" you've waited and now you're being blessed with this beautiful baby girl! nothing like a little girl!i love mine! congrats you two!
hooray! how exciting! girls are wonderful. i noticed your new PINK blog look and wondered if you were having a girl! i can't wait to hear what her name will be!
I am so excited for you! You and Rojohn will be fabulous parents! I am glad you are enjoying all of the wonderful moments that pregnancy brings, it's one of my favorite times in life so far. Congrats!
Congrats! I have always pictured you with a little girl. I know you two will be great parents!
Congratulations! That is wonderful news- I'm so happy for the two of you.
I can't believe we will get to meet your baby girl in just four months! We have all been so blessed.
Post a Comment